Do you need to clean a messy yard, cutting a tree or resize hedge? But while cutting, you find the chain is not working as like as a new one. Probably you have to change the chain. This article is going to show you the best chainsaw chain according to the user experience. You will find when to change a chainsaw chain, types of chainsaw chain, buying the guide, some of the best-rated chainsaws chain and some safety feature and instruction through this guide.
So, take a cup of coffee and sit back to read this chainsaw chain reviews article.
Well, I think, now you are enough educated to choose the right product for you. So, let’s see some chainsaw chain reviews;
10 Best Chainsaw Chain Reviews
1. Husqvarna H30-72 (95VP): Best for Professional Users in Demanding Conditions
A professional’s product for trimming the hedge. Once you have the chain, complete the demanding job of with ease. It gives better performance with very low vibration. Together you and this chain can perform an outstanding work. It can make you professional in this case.
The chain is 0.325 inch in pitch and 0.50 inch in gauge. That makes this ideal to use for the most of the model of Husqvarna chainsaws. Such as; 41, 45, 49, 51, 55, 336, 339XP, 340, 345, 346 XP, 350, 351, 353, 435, 440, 445 and 450e.
- The cutter is very sharp.
- Can cut very fast.
- It makes Low vibration but gives high performance.
- Fit with most of the Husqvarna chainsaws model.
- Durable and after every sharpening, it will work like a new one.
- The chain can stretch if the chainsaw gets very hot. Thus, it will fall off. So, note that issue and let your chainsaw to be cool if it gets hotter.
- Over sharp may cause the chainless durable.
Less effort for sharing is a unique feature. Cut faster and all the modern feature is included. So, you can think of this 18-inch-long pixel chain for your Husqvarna as it is going to fit all Husqvarna chainsaws.
2. Husqvarna H80-72 (72V): Best for Large Diameter Wood
As like as the previous one this H80-72 is also can give high-performance with very low vibration. Can perform ideally for the professional users in demanding conditions to trimming your garden. The lightweight chain is going to meet up your demand is chainsaw work.
The chain is 3/8 inches in pitch and 0.50 in gauge. The chain is going to fit with the model of 55 Rancher, 257, 261, 262 XP, 359, 455 Rancher, 460, and 460 Rancher.
- Gives the high-performance at low vibration.
- Quick and easy to setup.
- Sharp cutter, you can tell it stealth cutting.
- Perform great according to this price range.
- Designed in such a way so that it produced low kickback.
- Safe to use.
- Sharpness last longer. So, you need to give low effort on sharpening.
- Overheat will cause the chain stretch.
- Over sharp may cause the chain less durable.
The low kickback system can make you master in trimming the hedge. Another job can be done flawlessly. However, all you need is pay attention to sharpening the chain. It takes less time to sharp and sharpness last longer than others.
3. Husqvarna H4684 Saw Chain: Best for Almost All Types of Jobs
One of the simple design chain. It is designed in such a way that anyone can use it easily. At this price range this type of quality chain hard to get. A unique feature is, it takes low maintenance than others but gives efficient output. You can category the product is a good pro product.
The chain is 3/8 inches in pitch and 0.50 in gauge. The chain is 24 inches in length. So, it with fit with lots of 24 inches Husqvarna saws. Such as; 298, 357XP, 362XP, 365, 371, 380, 385XP, 394XP, 359, 390XP, 395XP, 2101, 288XP 3120XP, 460, 372XP455 Rancher 460, 560XP, ,570, 565XP 575XP, 576XP and 2100.
- Quality product and very well made.
- Outstanding in design.
- Sharp cutter and last longer.
- Works with stealth chainsaw
- Low kickback
- Better performance in this price category
- Only 1lb in weight.
- No such disadvantages but keep attention while sharpening.
However, this one is fit for all the job regarding chainsaw. The most important feature is clean cut. So, if you want a clean cut with less efficiently then go for it.
4. Oregon S40: Best Fit for Most Chainsaws
This is a semi-chisel chainsaw chain, made for smooth and fast cutting. For lowering the kickback and ensure it the manufacturer set there carve bumper drive link. This s40 chain gives you the high performance during cutting and resizing your garden. This is specially designed for the homeowner to take care of all type of homework.
The chain is 3/8-inch low profile pitch. It can fit with many models such as; Craftsman/Sears 172.43983, 358.35083, 358.35514. Earthwise CPS40110, LCS32010, LPS4210, PS40010. Echo CS-27IT, CS-3000, PPF-225*, PPF-280*, PPT-265, PPT-265S*, PPT-266, PPT-280* (*Only when used with Oregon branded bars). Greenworks 10in/20V/Li-ION, 2000102 24V Li-Ion, 20262 40V Li-ION, 20292 40V Li-ION, 20362 24V Li-ION, 7A 2-in-1 Pole Saw 20062. Poulan 1800, 2000, 2300, Micro 25 XXV Series. Remington Pole Saw: 106821A, 106890-01, 106890-02, PS1510A, RM1015PS, RM1025P, RM1025SPS. Troy-Bilt TBCS57. Worx WG309.
- Notched bumper for low kickback
- Very much cost effective and durable.
- Can fit with many models.
- Low maintenance required.
- Safe, cuts sharp and smooth.
- Heat treated.
- Need to sharp the chain after few times use.
If you are looking for a buttery cutter then this product is for you. It cuts precisely and smoothly with low kickback. Moreover, it is a safe and high-performance chain. You can get your best value from the chain.
5.Oregon S52 14-Inch Chain: Best for High Rate Chip Flow
The Oregon S52 is 14 inches in length and as like as the previously reviewed product s40. It also has notched bumper to lower the kickback. Cuts precisely and smoothly. The manufacturer follows advanced technology to make the cutter sharp and safe. That’s why it gives high-performance at low kickback for a professional cutting.
The chain is 3/8 inches low profile pitch. The cutter can be fitted with many models such as; Chicago 67225. Craftsman/Sears 358.34104, 358.34195, 358.35046, 358.35083, 358.35161, 358.35170, 358.35514. Echo CS-300, CS-310, CS-330T, CS-340, CS-341, CS-345, CS-346, CS-352, CS355T, CS-360T, CS-370, CS-3400, CS-3450. Homelife UT10514, UT10540, UT10544, UT10549, UT10640, UT10901, UT10901A, UT43100, UT43103. Husqvarna 136*, 137*, 142*, 235E*, 240*, 240E*, 334T, 335T, T435, T540 (*Ensure your model has a 3/8” low profile sprocket). Makita 5012B, 5014NB, DCS34, EA3201S35B, UC3530A, UC4030A. McCulloch CS340, CS380, EB358a, MCC1435A, MCC1635A, MS354a, MS4016. Poulin 190, 220, 260, 1420, 1425, 1625, 1630, 1800, 1950, 2000, 2025, 2050, 2055, 2150, 2300, 2375, 2450, 2550, 3314 Woodshark, 3416, 3516, 3516AVX, 3816, Micro 25 XXV Series. Worx WG305, WG305.1.
- Quality product and gives high-performance.
- Low maintenance is needed. So, it is one of the best chains for replacement.
- Best product for the homeowner.
- Very sharp cutter for cutting branches like butter.
- Low kickback to steady performance
- The chain is long. That’s why it need to cut to fit with chainsaw.
- Sometimes you may feel that the chain is little bit thin in side. But that is not an issue for its work.
Another great low kickback with a precise cutting product that every homeowner can afford to buy. This product can fulfill all sorts of gardening jobs with ease. A newcomer can set the chain easily. So, think about this product, if it can match with your demand.
6. Oregon D70 Vanguard: Best for Very Minimal Vibration
A great product for commercial as well as occasional use. Another low kickback and full chisel chain for cutting fast and sharp from Oregon. Gives high-performance while cutting with smoothly. Patent pending design and versatile also. So, you can get full of fun. Most people who use occasionally can perform like a professional. No need to worry about output. Low kickback supports the occasional user to come out with smooth and sharp cutting.
The chain is 3/8-inch low profile pitch and deep gauge. Support or fit with many models such as; Craftsman/Sears 358.35098**, 358.35483, 358.35608, 358.35609 (**Original Equipment Replacement). Echo CS-451, CS-452, CS-500*, CS510-EVL, CS-550EVL, CS-590, CS-600P, CS-620P, CS-650EVL, CS-660EVL, CS-670, CS-680, CS-750, CS-6700, CS-8000 (*Ensure your model has a 3/8” sprocket). Homelite 150, 150AO, 330, 360, Super EZAO, Super XL, Super XLAO, XL 12. McCulloch 10-10A, Eager Beaver 3.4, Eager Beaver 3.7, Mac 10-10, Pro Mac 55, Pro Mac 605, Pro Mac 610, Pro Mac 650, Pro Mac 700. Poulan 330, 3400, 3450, 3700, 5200, PP5020** (**Original Equipment Replacement).
- Both professional and occasional user can run it.
- High quality and smooth cutting.
- Patent pending design.
- Gives the most safety and high-performance.
- Heat treated and low kickback while fast cutting.
- Latest technology uses for sharp cutting.
- No such issue found to tell about.
I can tell you that great product according to all aspects regarding chainsaw chain. Impressively fast and low kickback ensure its performance. So, if the product match with your chainsaw then lists it to think about.
7. STIHL 26RS 81: Best for Higher-Powered Chainsaws
All we know about STIHL producer. They always manufactured the high-quality product. So, this one is also a quality product. The chain can cut rough and hard material easily. In short, this is made for the complete tough job.
So, no doubt it can do your job perfectly. Though it is very good product and one of the rivalry product for other brands the price is affordable.
The chain is 0.325 inch is in pitch and 0.63 in gauge. This 20-inch-long chain can only fit with STIHL brands (Bosch) model. Such as; 024, 026, 028, 034, 036, MS241, MS260, MS261, MS270, MS271, MS290, MS291.
- Very simple for sharpening.
- Cost effective.
- Low kickback.
- It can fit almost every STIHL chainsaw.
- Very sturdy at this price range.
- Great chain for long term use.
- Fit only with STIHL chainsaw
So, great this a product for great work. Best cutting performance and as well as affordable price. If you have this brand of chainsaw then why thinking of other? Make a right choice and make easier your job.
8. X-CUT Husqvarna SP33G Saw Chain
Another Husqvarna chainsaw chain. This one is a milestone product for the manufacturer. Why this is a milestone. Well, the chain made of the at the place where Husqvarna started. So, they pay extra attention to this product. Thus, the quality, sharpness, legibility are outstanding. However, a professional cutter for professional. Low kickback feature, precise kerf cutting, less power needed and longtime cutting efficiency makes the chain unbeatable in the competitive market.
The chain is 0.325 inch in pitch and 0.50 inches in gauge. Best fitted with the Husqvarna model of 435, 440, 445 and 450. A low file is needed for this chain.
- Sharpness last longer.
- The chain will not stretch significantly.
- Low kickback.
- Durable and patent pending design.
- Cuts fast and smoothly with high efficiently.
- Price a little bit higher.
Unique in style. To do more efficiently of chainsaw work X-cut is unbeatable till now. Together you and the chain can give a performance of next level. Logging is no longer a tough job with is the chain.
9. Husqvarna 531308147 16-Inch 90SG-56 Lo-Pro Saw Chain, 3/8-Inch by .043-Inch
Are you in very short on a budget? If yes, then you might think of this chain. A budget-friendly chain by Husqvarna. Budget-friendly but efficient chain. You can do all the job with this chain. Husqvarna is well known for chainsaw products. They never compromise on the efficiency of their product. Now you can complete the yard job with a very low budget.
The chain is 3/8 inches in pitch and 0.43 inches in gauge. However, the chain is only for micro bar’s. 137 and 142 (after Serial # 200621000001) and 240 Models.
- The excellent chain at this price.
- Very much cost-effective.
- Low kickback.
- Cuts fast and smooth.
- Need to sharp the chain after few times uses.
If you are short on budget and want a brand chain then from my point of view this is a perfect product. However, at this price range, such chain is not very available in the market.
10. Homelite/Ryobi 901289001 Electric Pole Saw Chain
Another low-budget but efficient chainsaw chain that can meet up everyday yard job and other works for the homeowner. Can be a friendly cutter if you have some patience at your work. I can suggest you do all the job except cutting a tree.
The chain is fit for the model Ryobi RY43160, RY43161; Homelite UT-43160, 30254EG.
- Cost effective.
- Low vibration.
- Cuts fast and smooth
- Durable and efficient except cutting tree.
- Need to sharp the chain after few times uses.
However, if you don’t need to cut tree but need to do any other chainsaw work then this one can meet up your work with this little chain. The maximum homeowner like this for that reason. You can also think of that matter.
Buying Guide for the Best Chainsaw Chain
When you notice that you have to replace the chain then a perfect one should be bought to avoid any unwanted issue. Read this buying guide to find the best one for you. Once you determine to replace the old one then the first job is to take a measurement of your chainsaw’s and take a note of key feature. Measurement is very important. Ensure the chain should fit well. You have to keep in mind some feature and the type of chain. You already have read the types of chain. Now look for the below feature to get the perfect one.
When do you need to change the chainsaw chain?
This is an important matter to think. Because, if you change the chain before it needs to change then you will lose economically. Again, if you do the job with an expired chain then you will ruin your work as well as you will lose your valuable time. so, take a look when to change your one.
Four major problems when to change:
- Broken teeth of chain:
It is not very tough to notice. The cross teeth like razor sharp are the prime factor to cut. It goes through the cutting material. And faces some hard material. Then it breaks. So, it needs to change to get the optimum output.
- Small teeth:
It is recommended that after every use of a chainsaw, sharp the teeth. This will make your work uninterruptable. But after a certain time of use, the teeth of a chain will gradually decay. It is very normal. You will notice that you need to give force to cut and pull out. When you notice that then it is time to change.
- Small cutter:
Previously we learned that we need to sharpen the teeth. The teeth contain a rectangular metal piece on each tooth. This is the first metal that stars the cutting process. While cutting and sharpening the chain it gets smaller day by day. without this thing, the chain will not cut properly. So, you will have to change the chain if it gets smaller to work properly.
- The tension:
If you find that the chain and the bar are not tight enough to stay together then this is a bad sign. The strap that use to connect with the bar and the teeth of the chain is lost the power to hold tightly. If this problem occurs then immediately change the chain. Otherwise, the chain may tear apart and may lead to serious accident.
Other than this major problem there is some sign you can notice. Those are;
- If you find fine sawdust while split cutting. A good chain will create coarse strands.
- It will create smoke. No matter the chain is well lubricated.
- The chainsaw rattles will create unusual noise.
So, if any above of the problem or sign you notice then get the best chainsaw chain to avoid unwanted circumstances.
Different Types of Chainsaw Chain
Typically, homeowners use a chainsaw for cutting wood for their firewood and do some normal work like resize hedge etc. so, most of the people have less knowledge about the cutter and different types of chainsaw chain. So, I made a simple guide to elaborate it to you.
- Low-Profile cutter: This type of cutter usually does the basic cutting job. Most of the homeowners use this cutter. The chain type is round radius edge. Very easy for sharpening teeth.
- Semi-chisel cutter: Like the low-profile cutter it has also round radius edge. A little bit upgrade version than the previous type. The user can have better experience regarding its sharpness. That means its sharpness will last longer.
- Full Chisel Cutter: Square radius-based cutter. All types of wood can be cut. Especially this one is great for hardwood. One disadvantage is its sharpness will dull faster when softwood cut down.
- Square Chisel cutter: Also, a square radius-based cutter. This one is for professional use. Faster and unique. Only get dull when using in a rough object. Requires frequent sharpening.
The Chainsaw Chain:
- Skip Chain: Usually a 60cc chainsaw is needed to work with this type of chain. The cutter set on the tip is capable bite bigger than other. Each cutter is placed after two blank links. So, the cutter is use half of the length of the chain. Easy to sharpen and last long.
- Ripping chain: this type of chain is used to a semi-chisel chainsaw. Shallow angle cutter is used on the tip. Normally it is used to make plank in a chainsaw mill.
- Square ground chain: This one is made for the professional. Unlike the round file, this one has required a triangular file to sharp teeth. And this is why noob will feel trouble to the sharp chain. Unless you have a grinder better to avoid it and let the product used by professional.
However, those are some common types of chain. Other than these different types can be found. But those are not very common and only used by professional.
Some Important Feature of a Chainsaw Chain
The performance of a chainsaw is mostly dependent on its chain. So, a high-quality chain is a mandatory option. What will happen if it is a low-quality chain? Well, it will create lots of dust, heat issue, not much efficient. Last, of all, it will damage the chainsaw. So, why not a high-quality one.
After detaching the chain from the bar you will find the drive link. Another name of the drive link is the lug. It will help you to determine the length of the chain by just counting the drive lugs.
The chain gauge
The chain gauge is the thickness of the drive lugs. Usually, the thickness lie is between 0.5 inches to 0.63 inches.
It is important to know your existing chain gauge before buying a new chain. It should be matched. So, consider this section carefully.
The length of the chain
As you already know that the chain can be measured by drive links. Normally, there are 52 to 62 drive links situated. However, it can also be measured by the bar length. You can buy a chain at their bar lengths. But consider another length to fit well with the chainsaw.
The sharpness of the chain is very much variable according to their type. Most home uses chainsaw require frequent sharpening. Such as full chisel chainsaw need to sharpen more frequently rather than a skip chisel chain.
A chainsaw moving at a speed of 55 to 65 mile per hour. So, it will lose lubricant quickly. But some special additive can reduce the loss rate of lubricant. So, look for that.
For Smooth cut
Full-chisel chain is used to cut smooth. So, if you need a smooth cut then go for it.
What is the pitch? Simple, there are rivets, calculate the average of two rivets distance. That’s it. This is called pitch. But the rivets distance is not always the same between them. So, calculate 3 of the rivets distance to get the accurate pitch.
Chainsaw chain is a frequently replaceable part of a chainsaw. And this is the part that does the prime job. So, this part should be perfect to get precise professional cutting. I recommended you not to compromise this part for the price.
The chain needs to sharp regularly so use a best chainsaw chain sharpener to sharpen it. If you feel difficulty to sharp the chain then go to a professional chainsaw sharpener.
The best chainsaw chain can change your yard envy for your neighbor. So, don’t lose the chance to envy your neighbor.