It is a wise decision to use non-slip or slip-resistant tiles in the bathroom. But the bathroom is a high traffic area with excessive footfall, water, and moisture. As a result, the dirt, grime, germs, and other contamination build up quickly. In that case, you have to clean the tiles frequently.
Though cleaning the bathroom is one of the most irritating household chores, there is no alternative option. However, if you know the right procedure on how to clean non-slip bathroom tiles, you can do the job easily, fastly, and effortlessly.
You have to sprinkle some dishwashing powder over the tiles and scrub the grout, water stains, and skid marks with a scrubber. Now mop the floor with clean water and pet it to dry with a towel or a sponge. That’s all.
In this article, we will describe a step-by-step tutorial about cleaning anti-slip bathroom tiles. Let’s go through the article.
Why Is Non-Slip Flooring So Difficult To Clean?
Before knowing the steps of cleaning anti-slip tiles, you must know why most people think cleaning bathroom tiles is very difficult. If you ever try to understand the reason, that’s good. But if you never think like this, let us describe some of the reasons behind the thinking. If you know the reasons, it will help you to prepare yourself for this DIY job.
- The bathroom is the most used place in your house, and unfortunately, it is always neglected to clean properly after every use. So, the floor is contaminated with various types of germs, bacteria, dirt, and debris. As the germs and bacteria are tiny, you can not watch their presence without a microscope. If you use a microscope, you will find a mountain of bacteria, germs, bumps, and lumps on the floor.
- The grout and mold of the floors are another space where the stubborn satin grows very quickly.
- Sometimes, dishwashing detergent, plain water, soft scrubbing brush, and mopping the floor are not enough for deep cleaning. In this case, you need to deeply clean the tiles at least once or twice a week. But if you don’t do it, you find cleaning the stubborn satin tough when scrubbing the floor.
- After using the tiles for many days, they will discolor. You should use a sealer over the floors to get back the shininess of the tiles. If you don’t use the sealer and think those are water stains, dirt, or debris, you can not clean discoloration.
So shortly, these are some common reasons for finding slip-resistant tiles cleaning so difficult.
How to Clean Non Slip Bathroom Tiles -in 5 Easy Steps
What Is The Best Way To Clean Non-Slip Tiles?
If you regularly clean the anti-slip tiles by following the steps, you can keep them in brand new and showroom condition. You need some equipment that you have in your home and spend a little elbow grease.
Here Is A List Of Tools That You Need
- Hand Gloves to protect your hand
- A broom to sweep the floor
- Warm water to clean the floor
- Dishwashing liquid or tiles cleaner to kill germs and bacteria
- Long handle floor scrubbing brush to scrub the stubborn satin
- Specific grout cleaning brush to remove algae
- A middle-size bucket to keep the water
- A mop to clean the soapy water from the tiles
- Sponge or towel to dry the floor
Now you are ready with your tools, and it is high time to start cleaning.
Step – 1 Free the floor
First, you have to wear hand gloves and clear buckets, and any other objects from the floor to make the floor free to clean. Then sweep the floor with a broom to remove any solid particles.
Step – 2 Wet the floor
Pour some warm water and throw the dishwashing powder over the floor. If the tiles are extremely dirty and have too much stubborn satin, then you should use an anti-slip solution for tiles. After that, let the tiles rest for 5-10 minutes. Because within this time, the stains may loosen and become soft so that it needs less energy when you scrub the floor. But, don’t dry the floor, then the stain will again attach to the floor, and you need extra energy to remove them.
Step – 3 Scrub the floor
Now, scrub the floor to remove stubborn satin, watermarks, and other grime. You can also use a special grout scrubbing brush to specifically clean the grout. Because every brush is not suitable for grout cleaning and can not reach tight spaces.
Step – 4 Mop the floor
When you complete scrubbing, then damp the mop into the bucket water and clean the soapy water. Mop the floor frequently to ensure there is no longer any soapy residue on the floor.
Step – 5 Dry the floor
Once you finish all the tasks and the tiles are completely clean, dry the floor with a towel or sponge.
These are the simple 5 steps to clean bathroom floor tiles. Keeping your slip-resistant bathroom tiles in top-notch condition is up to you. When you regularly clean the tiles, you can prevent slippery falls and avoid any unexpected injury.
Some Useful Tips
Tips and tricks are very helpful and save you valuable time. So we like to share some easy practical tips about bathroom tiles with you.
- You can use ceramic or porcelain tiles in the bathroom, as they are more slip-resistant and have a good grip than any other tiles. Even they need little care and maintenance if you use them.
- You can clean the tiles on a daily and weekly basis. For example, daily, you clean the floors lightly, and weekly go with deep cleaning.
- Ensure the bathroom’s proper drainage system. So that water will not clog on the floor.
- Ensure there is no water leakage from tape, shower, or toilet flush.
1. Can you steam clean non-slip tiles?
Yes, you can use any vacuum steamer to steam clean the non-slip tiles. But, as the bathroom tiles are not smooth, there is a chance of remaining stains after steam cleaning. So it is not a good idea to steam clean the non-slip tiles.
2. Are anti-slip tiles hard to clean?
No, not at all. Most of the time, non-slip tiles are used in bathrooms, and there is a high chance of quick dirt buildup. That’s why people think it is particularly harder to clean non-slip tiles. But honestly, it takes the same time, energy, and effort to clean anti-slip tiles like any other tiles.
3. What is the best mop for non-slip tiles?
In the market, you will find a lot of mops to clean anti-slip tiles. So it is hard to decide which is the best mop. But according to the mop’s quality, performance, and users review, we find Light ‘n’ Easy, Shark Sanitising steam mop, Turbo microfiber tile mop, and Imop V1 spinning power mop as the best mop for non-slip tiles.
4. How to clean the non-slip shower floor?
You can clean the non-slip shower floors with soapy water, a scrubbing brush, and a sponge. Just pour some soapy water on the floor, scrub every inch of the floor to remove the water skid and stubborn satin, mop and pet dry the floor.
We hope now you know all the processes of how to clean non-slip bathroom tiles and some valuable tips. It is said that a bathroom is a place where everybody wants to spend their time as they like.
However, an unclean bathroom is a source of germs and bacteria-related diseases. That’s why there is no chance to ignore its cleanliness. Clean your bathroom tiles regularly and keep the contamination a mile away from your family.